Welcome to The Bijan Sabet for President WebSite
Bijan Sabet for President
Produced by: PalTalk
Apprently I made the evening news as more folks are asking me to take a run at the White House.
Believe me. I’m as surprised as anyone.
We have been on the beach here in Delaware over the past few days visting Lauren’s family. It’s a ritual every year to head over to Fisher’s and pick up a bucket of their incredible caramel popcorn.
I ate more than my share. So good.
Bob Lefsetz review of the new AC/DC record. After this review, I’m getting it.
Bug Labs Gnomedex08 Presentationhttp://static.slideshare.net/swf/ssplayer2.swf?doc=bug-gnomedex08-preso-1219677946502742-9&stripped_title=bug-labs-gnomedex08-presentation-presentation&pid=48b2d70fe00b9122
A Change Is Gonna Come – Arcade Fire
Great cover of a great song for these times. They didnt play any covers when i saw Arcade Fire last year but i wish they had.
I have been on the beach in Delaware over the last few days.
So my blogging has been light. Actually yesterday, I didn’t post anything the whole day which was a first for me in a long time I think.
My in laws are down here and I’ve spent a bunch of time with 4 of my nephews. All of them are older than my kids. They range from ages 9 to 16. And watching and talking to them taught me a few things about mobile.
1. Holy freaking cow do these text a lot. I always knew this was the case but watching it first hand is incredible. They put to shame the most addicted VC & blackberry. It’s fast, furious and seemingly constant.
2. They know which of their friends use the same carrier or not. They care because “in network” text messages are free and out of network isn’t.
3. They know how to jailbreak their iPod touch.
4. They want a low cost iPhone
5. They don’t need 3G. They don’t even need data plans. They just need text plans
6. They take photos on their mobile phones. They either share them phone<->phone but rarely if ever does it go phone-to-web. and never web-to-mobile for photos. Seems like a big opportunity to offer the youth market a better way to privately and publicly share & store mobile photos. Just for them.
7. All of their parents have at one time or another paid a very large bill for text messages.
8. MySpace messages are losing out to text messages
9. IM is losing out to text messages.
10. My oldest child is 9 years old. Wondering when we will give her a mobile phone. still deciding that one.
I’ve been wanting my own custom icon for a long time.
Several months ago my friend Om Malik told me about Tina Sedonne. Tina was the artist that created all of the illustrations for the bloggers on GigaOm.
But I kept putting it off and never reached out to Tina.
Then a few weeks ago after having fun with the whole FaceYourManga craze I finally sent Tina an email. I wanted something that was just for me and something I could use on all of my various social nets.
Tina was so nice and great. She asked for a few photos and then went to work. This is what we came up with and I’m going to use it from now on.
Thanks Tina !
(if you want your own illustration/avatar, you can email Tina by email. tina AT coincidence.net )
Cover Friday. Ben covers the Beach Boys.
One office. 3 cool companies.