The iPhone App Store and the Android App Market have changed the mobile game forever.
Joel Falconer over at Mashable has a post of the 8 iphone apps he still uses and the ones he doesn’t.
I thought that was a great post.
So here’s my list of iPhone apps I use regularly. (I’ll cover my favorite Android apps in a future post.)
1. Twinkle. My favorite twitter client for the iphone. Latest version also allows re-tweets.
2. Tumblrette. A beautiful 3rd party app for Tumblr users. Never been easy to post a photo, quote or text post to Tumblr. I use it whenever I’m traveling. Also easy way to browse your Tumblr Dashboard.
3. Summizer. This is a really well done app for Twitter Search. And it includes the ability to save search results and update them on the fly. My current saved searches include:
-@bijan. tracks when folks send @reply to me that I don’t follow
-“welcome to twitter”. the happiest search results page I’ve ever seen. Twitter users welcoming their friends to twitter
-Spark portfolio companies. I check them all.
-Startups that I’m considering investing in. Great feedback from the community.
-Obama. you know why.
4. ToDo. The iphone doesn’t come with a task manager or todo list app. This 3rd party app called “ToDo” is the best and I’ve tried a ton of them including (OminiFocus & Things). ToDo is fast and simple. And the best part is that it syncs with Remember The Milk (pro user subscription required). Many thanks to Brad for telling me about this solution and he blogged about it today as well.
5. Shazam. This app still blows my mind
6. Yelp. We use this app all the time in our house. Usually whenever we are about to walk into a restaurant that we’ve never been to before.
7. Wikipanion. I’m sure there are others. But this 3rd party app for Wikipedia does just fine for me.
Apps I Still Want:
1. Copy & Paste
2. Email search
3. Real-time, turn by turn navigation system
4. Video capture
5. A remote control app for the Sonos.
6. ability to click-call a phone number from the Calender.