I’ve been thinking about my favorite albums that came out in 2010 as a follow up to my 2009 post.
This year was a bit harder for me to pick the top 10 but here goes.
10. Free Energy – Stuck On Nothing. This is such a fun record. Really enjoyed getting into this band.
9. Arctic Monkeys – My Propeller. It was just an EP not technically an full album. But I love this band so it makes my list.
8. Belle & Sebastian – Write About Love. This one grew on me quite a bit. The only heartbreak was that I missed their show because our sitter canceled at the last moment.
7. Girl Talk – All Day. A must. That is all.
6. Frightened Rabbit – Winter of Mixed Drinks.
5. Yeasayer – Odd Blood. The more I listened, the more I liked.
4. The Morning Benders – Big Echo. I loved this one right from the start.
3. Tallest Man On Earth – The Wild Hunt. Discovered him on fredwilson.fm. So glad I did.
2. Arcade Fire – The Suburbs. This almost made my top spot as album of the year. Its so good.
1. The National – High Violet. I’ve got a soft spot for The National. I could listen to them sing the alphabet.
It was a great year for new music. With an upcoming Bright Eyes record coming out, 2011 looks promising!