I spent the day in Palo Alto yesterday.
Even though I left in 2001, I realized that I’m a creature of habbit every time I come back here.
1. I always call my friend Naveen to see if he’s around for a coffee or dinner.
2. I always goto the Coupa Cafe. Often I’ll get the spicy hot chocolate or the decaf skim cappucino. I always notice that there are 10x more Macs that PCs in that place.
3. If I have an extra few minutes (like I did yesterday) I walk over to Lytton and Bryant to see the old WebTV office. Lots of memories come back every time.
4. I still can’t believe they put a Cheesecake Factory on University Avenue. Just bugs me. sorry.
5. I manage to bump into someone I know each time. Yesterday I saw my friend Brett Bullington and his daughter. that was a nice surprise to say hello and catch up a bit.
6. I love how people don’t jaywalk much here. Lauren and I noticed it the day we first moved to the bay area and I notice it every time still.
7. At some point, during my stay I point my browser to SFgate.com. I dont’ do this at home but I do when I’m here. Always have and probably always will.
8. There is something about the air here. It’s different. and i notice. every time.
9. i miss Torrefazione.
10. i tune into kfog.
I’ll be in San Francisco just for the today before taking the red eye home to Boston tonight.
I have a bunch of meetings but time permitting I’ve got a few places to see to take care of my
OCD old habits here too :)