This was a fantastic year of new music. We saw a bunch of great shows and fell in love with some great albums.
Here are my favorite albums released this year.
1. Lucky – Nada Surf
2. Vampire Weekend – Vampire Weekend
3. How Ya Lookin Southbound – Ben Kweller
4. For Emma, Forever Ago – Bon Iver
5. In Rainbows – Radiohead
6. Feed the Animals – Girl Talk
7. Furr – Blitzen Trapper
8. The BBC Sessions – Belle & Sebastian
9. Narrow Stairs – Death Cab for Cutie
10. Consolers of the Lonely – The Racounteurs
Biggest disappointment this year: “Skeletal Lamping” by Of Montreal. I love this band but I just didn’t get this last record.
Next year is looking to be a great year as well. I’ve already gotten an advanced copy of Ben Kweller’s “Changing Horses” which is awesome. And I can’t wait for “Hazards of Love” by the Decemberists.
Many thanks to all my friends on Tumblr, last.fm and the hype machine for turning me on to so much great music!