I’ve been wanting a product review site with context for a long time. I wrote about User Reviews 2.0 on my old blog. (I’ll update with a link later)
I want a product review site that pulls in all my credit card and ecommerce history and then shares that with my trusted friends. That way if someone wants to buy a Verizon Pearl 8130 they will know which of their friends own one. Or if they want to buy a scanner or an electric toothbrush or an outside heating lamp or whatever. You get the idea.
I’m thinking that it might be easy & best to have a facebook app that does all of this.
Here’s how this app should work (more ideas coming)
- let me put in my favorite products & reviews
- let me put in my favorite restaurants & reviews
- grabs my banking, credit card and ecommerce data for restaurants and products only (let me filter out or block the ones I don’t want)
- let me tag it so you can pull up mobile or sushi for all of my friends
- grabbing my ecommerce history means I don’t have to write a review. If I goto Fugakyu every friday for sushi in boston, you can probably bet that I like that restaurant.
Some of you will probably suggest that Beacon takes care of all of this. But I don’t think it does. It doesn’t give me the control I want & need. Nor is it as comprehensive to deal with my offline purchases.
More on this subject coming in a later post.